Well, blow me down with a feather. Mr “I’ve not uploaded a mix in ages” has only gone and uploaded a fracking mix.
So, its been 9 months give or take since my last mix went online (I’m still playing it lots, as it’s great in the gym). What can I say, I’ve been enjoying life to the max and that’s included a healthy amount of deck time, but it’s mostly been me, pissing about with tracks just for fun, usually without the record button on. Until today, well, Thursday 13th March 2014, anyway. You see I was standing there, minding my own business, when I was shat on. Yes, you read that right, today a bird shat on me!. Wrong place, wrong time. But, as the kind person who reached for instagram before getting the wet wipes said – “Muck for Luck”. So I thought, frack it, hit record, lets go (obviously after wiping said shat from my person..!). So here we are, the first recording I’ve been somewhere near happy enough with to share though. It’s not perfect, I’m not a machine, and my CDJ’s are getting a little sloppy in their old age, but for the most part it holds it’s own pretty well. It’s got trance elements, it’s got some house beats in there, and well, it’s just fun tracks. So, have a listen to T.A.B.S.O.M and let me know what you think.
- BT & Andrew Bayer – The Emergency (Marcus Schossow Remix)
- Matt Casell & Danny Freakazoid – Sign Your Name (Across My Heart)
- Degrees of Motion & Mark Wilkinson – Shine On (Vocal Mix)
- Tristan Gamer & Crystal Waters – Gypsy Woman (Wideboys Remix)
- Gareth Wyn – Beautiful
- Kris Menace – Walkin’ On The Moon (Adam Shaw Mix)
- Lost Witness – Fade Away (Sami Saari Remix)
- Paul Morrell – Give Me Love (Hoxton Whores Remix)
- BT – Forget Me (Michael Cassette Mix)
- Nastala – Crazy (Tom Neville Remix)
- Kris Menace – Walkin’ On The Moon (Henrik B Remix)
edit: you may notice that there are two versions of the same track in this mix. That’s deliberate, and a “consequence” of how I prep for a mix. I’ll typically burn a load of tracks to CD, but I’ll only burn one copy of each disc. So, I use what’s available to me. For this mix, I was only using three CD’s. Track 6 turned out to be the best fit. It’s not something I’d normally do, however the remixes were suitably different, so in this case I made an exception. So there you have it.